Saturday, August 11, 2018

A Very Caffeinated Legacy: A Sims 4 Legacy

Welcome to yet another challenge by Shan to go ahead and torture her sims for the next 10 generations. This is:

A Very Caffeinated Legacy

A Sims 4 Extreme Legacy

 

Generation One: Winter

Everybody meet my simself! This is Shan Folgers, a coffee last name because well...I like coffee and it's a play on my last name...in a way.

"What am I doing here? It's cold, and snowing, and the lot is empty. We had this discussion before."
 I can't say that I'm sorry, cause I'm really not.
"No."
Too Late!

Simme is a Family sim who is family oriented, romantic, cheerful and Domestic.
"Well there is a bold faced lie."
One of us has to be good at something home related here, might as well be you.


While simme looks for a job, let me explain to you guys about the extreme legacy challenge.
An extreme legacy is like a regular ten generation legacy, buuuut with an even suckier lawn living start!
Shan here is the proud owner of a 64 x 64 empty plot of land. She has under $8,000 in the bank but she's saving for this swanky suit of armor and can't buy anything before buying it. 
It's also winter, and Brindleton Bay is blizzard central.
Yay!
Traditional legacy rules apply after. No cheats. 10 generations.
Lots of coffee.

I apologize in advance, I don't know how to get rid of plumbbobs in the Sims 4 yet. 

Shan went off to the public library to get her writing skill up since we have decided that being a writer is probably a good way to keep at least a little bit of money coming in. 
That and we don't have to spend any money to do so.


"I feel like I'm in school again. I don't like it. And I'm getting as hungry as this guy who's staring at me must be."
Well keep studying.
"He's not on the computer, he's just staring at me like a creep. It's kinda weird."

"Rule breaking french fries are delicious. We should have rule breaking fries more often."
Yeah, I broke the rules. I didn't realize the rules meant no spending money at all.
We will stick to free food from now on, where we are getting free food, I don't know yet.
"Can I just eat my fries in peace?"
Might as well, we already paid for it.

Couch surfing tip number one:
Couch surf in places that are quiet, and don't have questionable talent playing the piano.

Hooray! We have a giant suit of armor...and nothing else.
"I have $3. Can I buy food now?"
If you can find food for $3, be my guest. Everything is like $15 a person here.

"Ughhhh, so cold, so need to pee."
Umm, you're the one who decided to change into her everyday clothes on a frozen beach.
"I've been potty walking for the last two hours."
I bought you a bush.
"Ugh"

Shan got home from work to find the fruit of her labors paid off! She has a bed!
Fun fact:
When your sims are lawn sleeping in the dead of winter, even with no walls and a blizzard raging, their beds keep them from getting cold.

One would think this is the end of couch surfing, but it never works out like that.

"I can buy food again!"
Yeah with your whole $3 again.
"Hey Vampyfart, how much is a croissant?"
"I can trade it to you for your life blood."
"Eh...Maybe another time."
"It's $3."
"Perfect!!"

You know, stuff like this is why you're never going to have a house on your land.
"If my $3 avocado croissant plunges me into bankruptcy we have bigger issues than putting up four walls."

"Oh sweet caffeinated nectar from the gods. Life is worth living again."
Ummm, where did you get that, you have $0 in your bank account?
"Pink sweater lady wasn't quick enough to grab her drink when Vampyfart called her name. Sooooooo, mine now!"

She stole somebody's cannolis too, while sitting across from Father Winterfest.
"He steals cookies and milk so I don't think I'm doing anything worse. I'm hungry, thus I'm eating."
I will not be surprised if you get coal in your stocking this year. 

Here we are, out exploring the world, and Shan passes out in the middle of a blizzard.
She has to have a death wish...right?

On the brightside, Shan has a pretty view when she wakes up.

 Shan did eventually make it to the warmth of her own bed.

"I can't see anything from here. Its all white, just completely covered in snow."
Yeah that happens in winter.
"Oh I'm sorry, it's not like the last time you dropped me off was in the middle of Strangetown with nothing but the shell of a trailer and illegal water hook ups."
At least there are no roaches this time
"No, instead I have crippling depression and suffer from isolation. At this rate I do believe it's affecting my mental and physical well being."
Eh, you'll get over it.

Whatcha doin?
"Watching TV, trying to keep from going insane."
In a towel?
"Gotta get me a man somehow."
Good Point.

Serious note, the gym is a great way to keep your sim clean and high with fun and social.

 "The couch is comfortable too."

"Sooo Cold."
"Can I get a chili, and a pretzel, and whatever this is, and some coffee, and hot chocolate?"
"That will be $200."
"What can I get for $10?"
"One bowl of Don's famous Chili coming right up."

And we are back to $0. *sigh*

 You ok?
"I've heard Don's chili will knock you on your ass, but I didn't think they meant literally."
Your bush is going to hate you sooo much when you get home.

We have a fridge! We are slowly becoming a traditional lawn living family.

Well, minus the family part.

We have walls! And a roof!!
"And I have no money again."
Quick meals my friend, quick meals.

"You weren't kidding about the bush hating me soon."
You actually used it instead of waiting until you went to work, I'm so proud of you.
"When was the last time I had work? I don't even remember."
Yeah...me neither.

For some reason, the holidays have lined up so perfectly that Shan has only worked once this season. Digging is literally the only way we have been able to have money, that $4 each day for books is not that helpful.

"Are you going to work, or just stand there? I'm hungry."
 It's free food day!! Holla!


Free cannolis are keeping us alive here people. She also got 4 cups of coffee which I couldn't get pictures of for some reason.

"Yay winter!"
I'm concerned about the fact that she looks like she's floating above the snow.
"The angels are real!"

Another gym, another towel. This time featuring zumba!
"Gotta work off them cannolis somehow."


Awww, we found a sucker! Lover attempt number one, Caleb Vatore.
He's a vampire, we don't have a house. This should be fun!

 Back at the library and we meet the turban club!

Back at home it's time to move onto the next season and next chapter of Shan's life. 

What I have learned:
Beds prevent hypothermia.
If you want snow, go to Brindleton Bay during winter, they have plenty of it.
Cheerful sims are pains in the arses to keep their social up, that's been the main thing keeping Shan in the red.
There is an interaction that says "Kiss in the rain" and it's adorable.
The head vampire guy moonlights as a barista.
Father Winter is cool with you stealing his coffee and cannolis. 

Tune in next time for more loneliness and being broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment